Original Artwork by Western Lowland Gorilla, Little Joe!
ArtWeek BostonFranklin Park Zoo
Sunday, May 7, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Celebrate Artweek in a WILD way at Franklin Park Zoo. Join us on Sunday, May 7for a fun-filled day as you discover how animals and the many mediums of art have influenced each other.
- Make your own animal puppet with the expert help of Puppet Showplace Theater
- Join artist Jen Bradley in sketching the Zoo's gorilla family, and learn more about the Ape Drawing Project
- Head to our Education Station to discover birds' influence on music
- Contribute your own masterpiece to our community art project
- Meet some animals up close during animal encounters
- Chat with our zookeepers to learn more about all things wild and wonderful
- Hone your camera skills in a Wildlife Photography Workshop (See details and registration info. below)
Greater Grove Hall Main Streets is a proud partner of this event.
Wildlife Photography Workshop
11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Please plan on attending entire workshop. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Register below
Hone your wildlife photography skills with professional photographer Steve McGrath during a Wildlife Photography Workshop. The workshop features a classroom presentation, an animal encounter for close-up photos, and the opportunity to practice your skills throughout the Zoo. Guests are required to bring their own camera. Workshop limited to 30 people.
About Steve McGrath
McGrath is a professional freelance nature photographer and photography teacher who has been creating images for 20 years. He first began by shooting sports photography for local high schools, then weddings, and stock agencies. Then his love of the outdoors led him to focusing more on his true passion: "nature photography." Many of his images have been published in school text books. McGrath's favorite places to shoot are Acadia National Park in Maine, the Green Mountains of Vermont, and the Cape Cod National Seashore.
Wildlife Photography Workshop Registration
Register for a Wildlife Photography Workshop!
About ArtWeek Boston
ArtWeek is an award-winning bi-annual creative festival featuring more than 150 unique, unexpected, and creative experiences that are participatory, interactive, or offer behind-the-scenes access to artists or the creative process. Learn More