Free Fun Friday at Franklin Park ZooFranklin Park Zoo
Friday, August 26, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Please note: Franklin Park Zoo will close one hour early at 4:00 p.m., with the last admission at 3:00 p.m.
Zoo New England is participating in the 8th annual Free Fun Fridays program sponsored by the Highland Street Foundation! The Program includes museums and cultural venues across Massachusetts. Beginning June 24 through August 26, eight venues will be open free-of-charge every Friday. Franklin Park Zoo will only be offering free admission on Friday, August 26.
Helpful Tips & Information for your Free Fun Friday Visit:
- Free Fun Friday is an increasingly popular event, and we’ve experienced record attendance in previous years. We're expecting equally high attendance this year, so please plan your visit accordingly!
- Though we’ll do our best to get your Zoo visit started, please be prepared to wait in longer-than-usual lines on Free Fun Friday.
- Parking is free, though lots fill quickly on Free Fun Friday. Public transportation is encouraged. View directions to the Zoo here.
- Free Fun Friday is a rain or shine event. If it rains, some exhibits, including Butterfly Landing, Aussie Aviary, and Giraffe Savannah, may be closed.
- The train will not be running on Free Fun Friday to allow maximum space for guests on pathways.
- Please remember that a trip to the Zoo involves exploring the great outdoors, so dress accordingly! Hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and extra water are encouraged. If you forget your explorer gear, many of these items are available in our giftshop.
- Strollers are always welcome at the Zoo, but please consider leaving your triple-decker, doublewide strollers at home! Instead, bring along a lightweight umbrella stroller. These are much easier to maneuver on high-crowd days like Free Fun Friday.
- With 72 acres of exploration ahead of you, it’s a good idea to arrange a plan with your group should you become separated in the Zoo. Find a landmark that’s easy to identify (like the gorilla statue outside the Tropical Forest) for your party to reconvene. Be sure children know adults’ names in their group, and point out Zoo staff members so they know who to look for if they need a helping hand.
- View full visitor details (including first aid, accessibility, and directional information) and FAQ here.
- Most importantly, have fun!