Friday, Nov. 27 - Sunday, Jan. 3, 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. (Closed Dec. 25)
ZooLights promises to dazzle visitors of all ages this holiday season. Enter a winter wonderland of tree-lined paths lit by thousands of twinkling lights. Stroll through festively decorated Yukon Creek, home to bald eagles, Canada lynx, reindeer and arctic foxes.
- Meet Stone Zoo’s reindeer up close during nightly photo opportunities.
- Enjoy holiday hot chocolate with the reindeer (see registration and full details below).
- Have your photo taken with Santa (see video below).
- Lights, Camel, Action!
Known as "ships of the desert," dromedary camels are incredibly adapted to harsh, arid environments. Learn more about these animals and enjoy a camel's-eye view of ZooLights!
Camel Rides: $10 per person
- Gift Shop Discount on Member Mondays: Members receive an additional 10% discount on all gift shop purchases on Mondays. That's a 20% savings! Learn more about becoming a member.
Don't miss the following ZooLights events!
- December 2, 9, 16 and 23: Meet Mrs. Claus from 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.!
- December 7: 7:00 p.m., Performance by a capella group, Boston Found
- December 27: Big Joe the Storyteller, 6:00 - 6:30 p.m., Santa's Castle
- December 30: Meet the Ice Queen and Ice Princess
- December 31: Zoo Year Celebration
Please note: Online tickets can be used any day through January 3.
ZooLights Ticket Prices (Please note: Online tickets can be used any day through January 3)
Save time in line: Purchase tickets online!
For express entry, purchase online:
$7 per person
Ticket prices at the gate:
Monday - Thursday:
Members: $7; $4 on Member Mondays!
Free for children under 2
Friday - Sunday:
Free for children under 2
No refunds for online ticket orders.
Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more. For more information and to purchase group tickets, please e-mail email@example.com
Holiday Hot Chocolate with the Reindeer
Are you looking for that perfect family photo with a reindeer for the holidays? Skip the wait, skip the lines and come enjoy hot chocolate with the reindeer! Registrants will receive special exclusive early entry to ZooLights at Stone Zoo, hot chocolate and cookies, a special opportunity for photos with the reindeer, and time with Zoo staff to ask questions and talk about the animals.
- Time: 4:15 - 5:00 p.m.
- Cost: $15 per participant for members and $20 for non-members. Children Under 2 are free.
- Space is limited – pre-registration is required.
- Confirmation and entrance information will be sent upon registration and is required upon arrival.
- Please Note: This program will be held outside, rain or shine, unless inclement weather cancels ZooLights, in which case, program participants will be notified in advance.
|Register, November 29||Register, December 20|
|Register, December 6||Register, December 27|
|Register, December 13||Register, January 3|
Participate in our digital scavenger hunt to win prizes!
Put your Zoo knowledge to the test with our holiday scavenger hunt, and you could win a family-four pack of tickets to Zoo New England and “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical” at Citi Shubert Theater on December 6!
- Each Zoo Clue answer counts as one contest entry
- Snap a photo of your answer. Be creative -- it can be an animal, a sign, or even you making an animal face!
- Upload your photos to Twitter or Instagram, tag @ZooNewEngland & @CitiCenter and let us know which show you’d like to attend with either show hashtag -- #WheresRudolph
- Entries can also be submitted by emailing your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winners will be picked at random on December 4th
Photos with Santa!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are reindeer photo opportunities available every night during ZooLights?
While we strive to make this unique opportunity available nightly, reindeer photo opportunities are subject to change at any time due to the animals' needs and the weather.
Are group tickets available?
Yes! Discounted group rates are available for groups of 10 or more. Visit the Group Tickets section on this page for more information.
Can I use my Stone Zoo library pass for ZooLights?
Library passes are valid for general Zoo admission and are not accepted for ZooLights admission.
How long is Santa available? Can I purchase my photos with Santa?
Santa is available nightly through December 23 from 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. - he is very busy on Christmas Eve! Your professional photos with Santa will be available for an additional fee.
Will the rides be open?
Yes, rides will be available for an additional cost and are subject to availability due to weather.
If I visit during the day, can I stay for ZooLights?
Each day during ZooLights, the Zoo will close at its scheduled time of 4:00 p.m., and re-open at 5:00 p.m. for the event. Guests to the Zoo during the day are welcome to return for ZooLights that evening, and will need to purchase separate tickets for the event.
Visit Santa's Castle!
Meet our reindeer!