You won’t believe your eyes in the Aussie Aviary, where hundreds of brightly colored budgerigars, affectionately called budgies, flit and flutter through this free-flight, warm-weather exhibit. In the Aussie Aviary feeding the animals is encouraged! Guests can purchase seed sticks and feed the budgies, a variety of small slender parrots with long tapering tails. If you’re lucky the birds will land on your seed stick and let you keep them company while they enjoy a little nibble.
Hours (weather permitting):
- April 20 - 24 (April School Vacation Week), 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- After April 24, weekends only, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Starting Memorial Day weekend, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. weekdays, and 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekends and holidays
- August 31 - September 30, weekends only
- Closed for the season beginning October 1